It’s that time of year again! Time to fill the space below that pretty tree with pretty gifts for all your pretty peeps! Personally, I get a little gift-obsessed every December (ok: even earlier in the year..), I just love that quest for the perfect gift for all of my favorite people! <3 However, I don’t necessarily feel like leaving the house for that quest… It’s so warm and cozy inside! There’s twinkly lights! And Christmas sweaters! And hot chocolate! Anyway: if, like me, you prefer to score those awesome Christmas presents from the cozy comfort of your own couch, here are 10 great gifts you don’t have to leave the house for:
1.For your best friend: nothing is as good a gift as those fun/beautiful/sad/silly moments you share together. But a little Instagram photo booklet of those moments might just be the next best thing ;) I had one printed at Hema a little while ago and was really happy with the result!
2. For that lovely crazy cat lady: we all have at least one of them in our friend/family circle, don’t we? You just know that nothing will make her happier than goodies picturing her furry little friends (except for an actual cat that is, obvs). One of my favorite crazy cat ladies introduced me to the brand cat vs human, and I’m sure they will have the purrrfect gift for any of your feline-loving friends!
3. For your favorite happy crazy girl: if she has the right brand of craziness, she will surely LOVE the designs of Eva Mouton! Head over to Eva’s webshop and assemble a fun package, especially selected for this special girl! (Tote bag: Yes! Pins: yes!! Nail tattoos yes!!! Neuters gonna neut print: YEZZ!!!)
4.For every girly girl: As a true girly girl, I do indulge in a little beauty splurge from time to time. I have to say: the best beauty investment I ever made was my Urban Decay Naked3 palette. At the time, I still had to get it abroad (thanks again for bringing it Kattebel <3) but today you can also get it in Belgium, hurray! Even better: you can order it online via ici Paris XL: double hurray! Easy success-proof gift for every girly girl: check!
5. For your bon vivant dad/uncle/brother: not always easy to find this one an original present, is it? Basically he just wants to enjoy the good things in life, and those aren’t that easily wrapped… However, I recently got one of my favorite bon vivants Luc Hoornaert’s “Must Eat”, a beautiful book full of original resto addresses, all selected because of their originality and focus on a “house specialty” (their “must eat” :p ), and it was a big hit!
6. For your sweetest softie: why not reward her softness with even more softness? Whether it’s your mom, grandma, sister, girlfriend or best friend: get this softie wrapped in the dreamy cloud that is an EllePaca scarf. My favorite? The Nightingale! In minty fairy, of course (of only because that color name is just the sweetest ever).
7. For your digitally savvy little brother/sister/niece/nephew: I recently got overwhelmed with social ads from Osmo, a game system combining iPad games with hands-on play (this movie explains it better than I ever could) and I have to admit: those sneaky stalkers got to me! My little brother is also part of that iPad-loving-speedily-sweeping generation and I think he would love it!
8. For the girl who deserves something special: Want to show someone you have been thinking about their gift a little longer than right before Santa’s big night? Nothing screams not-last-minute like a personalized gift! One of my favorites is still personalized jewelry (I am a child of the Carrie Bradshaw generation, after all). Two of my go-to web spots for this: Onecklace (Carrie-style necklaces) and Ijcandie (name-stamp arm candy!)
9.For your amazing crafty friend: Sure, she will most likely get you a totally pinteresty handmade gift (no biggie), but if you’re not feeling too DIY-ish yourself, go for the next best thing: something she can get crafty with! I recently discovered one of my favorite web shops, Wander & Co, offers a selection of super stylish DIY packages, and they seem like a great gift! My personal favorite: this Cactus cushion package!
10. For your hipster lover: You really want to find something nice for this one, don’t you? Not always easy though! But if he’s a bit of a hipster, a little Komono around his wrist will definitely be a winner! A little arm candy for your eye candy ;)